Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ipswich, United Kingdom
To deliver projects to the highest possible standard for the company and our customers:
- Work closely with the EPC Projects Manager to ensure the highest calibre of technical and commercial delivery on all projects, and to help and support the Operation Manager as required.
- Lead and manage project teams (Project Engineers, Package Engineers, Site and Project Services) across all office locations on projects assigned to you.
- To attend and participate in both the Design and Contract Reviews.
- Deliver assigned EPCI projects, ensuring delivery is on time, on budget, to a high quality and with customer satisfaction.
- Manage projects in accordance with the agreed contract, ensuring project team members are familiar with the contract and its requirements for delivery time, scope, commercial requirements, and terms.
- Ensuring company and industry standards, processes and best practice are followed, identifying areas for improvement and implementing with agreement of Senior Management.
- Ensure company financial controls are adhered to across EPC project.
- Ensure company supply chain is suitable for the project purpose, develop the project using competent and reliable suppliers, eliminating single points of failure, and working with Procurement and QHSE Manager to monitor and record supplier performances.
- Support Business Development Manager where required to support tender work and win projects, including both new projects and project variations.
- Working with the Engineering Manager to monitor Engineering and Project progress to anticipate and avoid escalating costs, delays, and disputes, making recommendations to alleviate problems.
- Ensure Project deliverables are completed and presented in a professional manner, to include quality of information, written, drawn and verbal.
- To advise and assist the project staff on risk management relating to Engineering, Project, and Commercial matters.
- Ensure project staff are allocated to tasks, providing additional training and support where required.
- Support the development and enhancement of Project staff competencies and capacity.
- Deliver R & D activities within your remit.
- Maintain and enhance the company's engineering reputation in the marketplace.
- Degree qualification in relevant Engineering and/or Project Management discipline.
- Professional qualification with relevant engineering and/or Project Management body, such as the IMarEst, IMechE, RINA, APM, etc.
- Proven experience of managing large, multi-disciplined projects.
ADDITIONAL AND/OR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop culture of safety excellence, continuous improvement, development and open communication within the Engineering and Project team.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.