Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Alberta, Canada
E&I Specialist (Maintenance & Reliability)
- Job Overview:
- The E&I Specialist will collaborate with the Distribution maintenance and reliability team and Terminal Operations to provide technical support for equipment and identify reliability improvement opportunities to increase availability and utilization of Distribution assets. This will include: asset performance troubleshooting, sparing strategy development, quality investigations on equipment failures, completion of corrective action, supporting the maintenance work process through work scope development, and trending and course correction of reliability performance indicators. The E&I Specialist will be required to support multiple terminals and is a key contributor to the Area Cross Functional Team and regional distribution terminal network.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Develop electrical scope of works required for replace in kind work (RIK) and reliability improvement opportunities via MOC's. Work with the project team to support front end definition for capital projects from a maintenance and reliability perspective as required.
- Manage a prioritized list of projects as well as providing stewardship reporting to key partners on troubleshooting, reliability initiatives, RIK's and MOC's.
- Responsible for Operational, Maintenance and Technical input to the operations of the facility, maintenance of the assets and consult with the CFT on design of new systems and infrastructure
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting equipment failures, determining a root cause of failures, identifying and prioritizing an obsolescence program for equipment to improve reliability.
- Participate as an active member of the risk review teams and provide leadership in risk management techniques such as process hazard assessments (PHA)
- Assess the effectiveness of existing asset E&I maintenance strategies and provide recommendations for improvement, where necessary.
- Assess the effectiveness and quality of E&I program work, capture and analyze performance trends and provide recommendations for improvement, where necessary.
- May develop E&I installation drawings, data sheets and specifications, in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards, and various specifications
- Support major projects to ensure proper turnover and integration into existing reliability programs. This may include scoping studies and reviews, model reviews, document reviews, system studies, datasheets, detailed designs, etc.
- Ensure all electrical and instrumentation engineered changes align with the Professional Engineer's Act, Professional Engineers of Alberta Practice and Company Engineering Standards
- Required Qualifications, Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in maintenance and reliability of E&I equipment including troubleshooting old infrastructure
- Been registered or are immediately eligible for registration with the association of APEGA or an equivalent provincial body as a Professional Engineer
- A valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
- Exceptionally strong collaboration, communication and non-authoritative leadership skills
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Preference for:
- Experience in storage terminals or petroleum refining industry with basic knowledge of E&I design practices
- Experience with Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, Protection Relays, Power Cables, Transmission Lines, Disconnect Switches, Electrical Substations
- Exposure or experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Detailed understanding of design codes and standards applicable to safety instrumented systems (IEC61511)
- Must-haves (minimum requirements):
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.