The Firmware Engineer as part of the Incubation Hub team is responsible for the embedded software running on the electrical boards developed by the team to implement local board functions as well a communication (wire and wireless) features. Working closely with the electrical design team, the firmware engineer assists in the controller or processor selection and the architecture analysis. He is also able to deliver both short term deliverable (example of code to validate a specific controller feature or algorithm) and long-term ones (example of full embedded code running on a prototype) by collaborating with the electrical team and the external contractors when needed.
The firmware engineer owns the validation of his code through unitary and experimental testing as well as providing support for the other function related to automated hardware test. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab system. Design and implement tests, document results. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Develop, code, test and troubleshoot the system software.
- Maintains the programs, identify technical issues, and documents the resolutions.
- Analyze, monitor and improve efficiency, stability of the system
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Unitary tests including manufacturing or prototype validation code.
- BS / MS / PhD in Science or Engineering with five years of embedded or software experience
- C/C++ code / Azure
- NI TestStand or equivalent
- Matlab / Simulink / Hardware In the Loop is a plus
- Electrical design competencies are a plus
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Good communication skills
- Can function independently or with peers
- Analytical thinker
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.