Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Technical Design Ability - Under minimal supervision completes technical design work using company and Client design methods, standards and data in line with Project requirements. Provision of support to designers.
- Technical Expertise - Possesses advanced levels of technical expertise required to do the job, however continuously work towards improving and updating technical abilities. Will personally seek out opportunities to develop technical knowledge base.
- Cross Discipline Project and Team Interaction - Appreciation of project set up and team structure across disciplines. Under minimal guidance working with other discipline designers.
- Understanding and meeting schedule and schedule dependencies - Awareness of personal targets for deliverable production and deliverable schedule.
- Commercial Awareness and Customer Focus - Under minimal direction develops the engineering requirement.
- Interpretation of Engineering Requirements - Under minimal direction develops the engineering requirement.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng, BTech (Mechanical)
- 5 Years minimum experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Initiative - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability - Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications - Actively listens and seeks to understand others' points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Problem Solving - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Planning, Organising & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. elati orking ability.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.