Job Purpose Reporting to the Risk Manager, the post holder will provide support to management of Major Accident Hazards to a state where residual risks can be demonstrated to be as low as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure alignment of emergency response philosophies and procedures between the Company operating assets, large scale maintenance activities and projects to ensure consistent adherence to policy;
- Develop emergency response and preparedness procedures (including ERPs), exercises and emergency response planning activities to ensure adherence to the Company emergency management principles;
- Provide assistance to the Technical and Process Safety Lead in developing management system procedures;
- Develop detailed oil spill response plans for client facilities, including oil spill waste management plans;
- Carry out current state assessment and develop and implement effective business continuity plans to reduce the possibility that operations will be interrupted in the event of any emergency;
- Contribute emergency response support for COMAH and offshore Safety Case scenarios to ensure that adequate mitigation plans are in place to handle such scenarios;
- Provide contract and project management for delivery of third party assessments.
- Structured thinking based on robust risk-management principles;
- Experience in offshore and onshore facility oil spill response;
- Track record of working productively with diverse multi-disciplined teams including Major Accident Hazard regulatory authorities;
- Travel between Falkirk and Aberdeen.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Environment studies or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in risk management, process safety, oil spill response or emergency response in the oil and gas industry including offshore and onshore operations.
- Operational experience within oil & gas industry.
- Sound understanding of risk and barrier management.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.