Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Wood is recruiting for entry level Pulp & Paper Process Engineers to join our team in our Atlanta, Georgia or Greenville, South Carolina offices. Our core values are sharply focused on safety, client satisfaction and excellent project execution. Over the past ten years, the Process and Energy division has steadily grown from $500M to $1.7B business and we are looking for energetic new engineers who want to join a team with a clear vision of the future and a plan for steady long-term growth. We believe our growth is fundamentally the result of our great people who support the business core values and our diversity in successfully servicing several industrial market sectors.
- Uses knowledge of general application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards to perform engineering and design of pulp and paper manufacturing facilities
- Works in a team environment to meet project goals, under direct supervision; work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy
- Preparation of system design, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's), and coordinating design with other disciplines
- Develop process specifications for custom designed equipment, such as pressure screens, pressure vessels, pumps, heat exchangers and utility systems
- Participates in planning, cost development, and scheduling for assigned projects
Skills / Qualifications
- 0-3 years of intern or co-op experience desirable, in a process engineering organization or operating pulp and paper facility.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Chemical Engineering, Pulp and Paper Science, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant process-based discipline. Minmum 3.0 GPA.
- EIT certificate is a plus
- Proficiency with process modelling software strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.