Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer (onshore) for a 6 month contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Main responsibility is to deliver brownfield modification deliverables for assigned work in accordance with the applicable procedures and standards within the man hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets. The Senior Electrical Engineer reports to the Lead Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer.
In this role, you are accountable for producing adequate specifications, data sheets, calculations, drawings, and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement, installation, commissioning, and safe operation of electrical equipment as part of multidiscipline brownfield modifications.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in brownfield Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering projects and are able to deliver the Electrical scope on a project on time and within budget.
They will have relevant experience in:
- Developing project deliverable documents including production, checking and approval of specifications, calculations (load, cable sizing, equipment sizing), data sheets, enquiry packages and drawings for electrical systems and equipment such as LV and HV power distribution, lighting, earthing & lightning protection, cathodic protection, electrical trace heating, PAGA and UPS systems as required to meet stated project requirements
- Co-ordinating design information within Electrical and Instrumentation Designers for ongoing design issues and ensuring effective interfaces between the electrical project team and other discipline teams, client representatives and other third parties as required to meet delivery dates
- Site surveys and data gathering on brownfield projects
- Co-ordinate all electrical third-party support performs in accordance with the statutory regulations, company policy, contract deliverables.
- Knowledge and understanding of international standards relating to electrical equipment and system design, current legislative and industry requirements
- Experience in electrical engineering across all size of projects
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, able to work well under tight schedules
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills including dealing with clients, vendors and third parties.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to carry out Engineering checking activities through the originator, Check and Approval process.
- Work on your own and part of a Team
The candidate should be aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering and be flexible with a "can-do" attitude
- Brownfield modification experience in onshore and offshore oil & gas environments is essential.
- Professional Experience
- Experience in similar position
- Level / Diploma: BSC engineering discipline preferred but not essential
- Training / Certification: BOSIET survival preferred, member of IET preferred