Skills: Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Construction Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) - EOI, Darlington
Wood are currently seeking expressions of interest for an Electrical & Instrumentation Construction Manager to join us for a duration of 12 months, ideally on a fixed term/staff basis in Darlington, the appointed will demonstrate significant experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The appointed will have demonstrable experience with UK direct hire electrical and instrumentation experience, accountable for the delivery of construction services, personnel across projects, ensuring high standards are maintained and continuously improved.
Detailed services to be provided:
- Ensure that all Project / Company HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of all personnel working in the area or areas within the site complex.
- Ensure that all Company systems of Quality Assurance are adhered to and assist the Project Quality Manager in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
- Ensure adequate and qualified supervision and skilled labour resources are employed to meet schedule requirements.
- Understanding of sub-contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and resolution of apparent conflicts.
- Implementation of a continuous improvement philosophy across the construction function, delivering best practices at all times.
- Review progress and monitor programmes, updating the latter when necessary in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Co-ordinate and report on a weekly and monthly basis on all progress matters and problem areas.
- Responsible for the Management of Change (MOC) and ensure all variations works are authorised/approved Client Site Representative.
- Deliver the project construction function within agreed schedule and budget, and, where applicable, implement cost saving initiatives
- Ensure that all sub-contractors are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with sub-contractors representatives.
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to.
- Constantly strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labour and equipment in order to keep costs within budget.
- Ensure that all items of material, equipment, and services are available prior to commencement of the works, to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
- Ensure that Company systems for material identification and stores requisitioning are adhered too.
- To review, in co-operation with the Project Manager, and agree the overall site programme for his area of responsibility including sub-contractors programmes.
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience working on a Petrochemical site with a proven background of successful project delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of related HSEQ safe working practices/procedures.
- ONC Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Recognised petrochemical background (Electrical & Instrumentation discipline).
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or senior position in Construction Management.
- Extensive knowledge of construction process, it's implementation and management.
- Fully conversant with project management tools.
- Ability to react to changing deadlines and achieve project goals / milestones.
- Ability to manage / maintain budget / schedule requirements.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project goals.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.