Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Other Skills: Sampling
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, performs all phases of the rigging up and down of Sampling (SAM) product service line (PSL) equipment on work locations during well testing and/or type operations for the purpose providing the customer with essential reservoir fluid samples such as (but not limited to): representative downhole and surface samples and analysis by the use of wireline/slickline, pipe conveyed, and or surface sampling.
- Regularly works within other Testing and Subsea (T&S) PSLs on location and in the workshop.
- Routinely works in more than one type of well site (onshore and offshore) and base camp as assigned by Service Coordinator.
- Coordinates and oversees SAM service line functions at the well site and field camp.
- Provides the planning necessary for the job including equipment set up, well site direction, and customer-related support activities.
- Responsible for the activities relative to maintaining, setting up, testing, and operating equipment at the customer location and field camp.
- Operates and maintains SAM service line equipment.
- Programs and downloads sampling data, performs quality control of sampling data and provides basic customer reports.
- Must be capable of understanding/navigating HMS, iLearn and Competency sites on HALWORLD.
- Mentors and trains lower level Service Operators in areas of expertise.
- May be designated to become an Assessor for junior SAM personnel.
- Monitors instruments and performs necessary calculations to assure quality of data/job.
- Consults with customers concerning services and products, promotes good customer relations at the well site, and assures customer satisfaction with results.
- Properly maintains assigned equipment and monitors compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Conducts pre-job toolbox safety meetings, reviews and verifies job plan with customer representative and manages any changes required.
- Checks and verifies equipment as per job plan, completes all job documentation to include: Job Ticket, Job History Report, CV Metrics/KPI, Job Log, Job Summary etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of down hole hydraulics, including basic job calculations, working knowledge of wireline Blow Out Prevention (BOP) function and basic reservoir characteristics - i.e., BHP, BHT, hydrocarbon phasing. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability of operations.
- Skills typically acquired through completion of high school or similar education and 4 years of Sampling experience.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must have met the minimum competency requirements for the Service Operator II - Sampling.
- Should have full knowledge of a minimum of three type products or services within the Sampling service line in the local area.
- Must be able to interpret equipment schematic drawings.
- Must be able to visually identify various equipment components and ancillary equipment and assemblies as used on the job by type and explain function of each.
- Must be able to pressure test equipment safely.
- Must be able to explain the function of the mobilization documentation.
- Must be able to explain the local Halliburton Management System (HMS) process for Prepare Resources.
- Must be able to use Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI) System to document problems encountered or ideas for improvement.
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and navigate Halworld is required.
- Excellent leadership skills required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 121489
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.