Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently for a Principal Engineer - Equipment Engineering (Material Handling) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Prepare technical specification
- Design and select calculations for material handling equipment, pumps, tanks, fans, etc.
- Manage mechanical data sheet, material requisition, technical bid evaluation and technical clarifications
- Prepare purchase requisition, vendor drawing and review document
- Coordinate with Clients
- Handle Vendors and interface disciplines
- Review and direct the structural design regarding equipment supports
- Prepare 3D model and reviews
- Manage 2D / 3D designers about equipment layout and preparation of GA drawings
- Review and direct the structural design regarding equipment support
- Update equipment list with equipment vendor data
- Shall be conversant with drafting software like AutoCAD, Micro station, SmartSketch, BlueBeam and 3D model software AVEVA E3D or equivalent
Skills / Qualifications
- B.E. / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from reputed institution
- Preferably with Professional Engineer Certification
- Minimum of 12 years' experience of working with engineering consultancies for design and engineering of various material handling systems and associate equipment like Belt Conveyor, Screen, Feeders, Bucket Elevators, Bin Vibrators, Hoppers & Chutes, Flap / Splitter Gates, Crusher, Bridge Crane, Grab Bucket, ILMS etc. Should also be conversant with all domestic and International material handling codes and standards like IS, CEMA, ISO, BS and others applicable codes. Should be well conversant with AVEVA E3D or any equivalent software to develop the 3D Model, 2D drawings, platework datasheets and manage 2D / 3D designers
- Must have experience with rotating and package equipment like Pumps (Overhung, Between Bearing & Vertically Suspended pumps as per API), Compressors, Cooling Towers, Elevators, EOT Cranes, Loading Arms, Hoists, Filters, Ejectors, Desuperheaters, Strainers, Dosing Packages, Instrument Air Packages, Flare Packages, etc. shall be considered as additional advantage
- Preferably with exposure in Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Oil & Gas / Mining & Metals / Material Handling
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.