Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Wood is recruiting for a Graduate Engineer / Engineer with either a Mechanical or Process background, to join the project team working on secondment with a key client partner based in Darwin. This role will be offered on a long-term contract basis and is anticipated to be an ongoing assignment.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region's most prominent Oil a& Gas, and LNG producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Focal Point, you will be working as a part of our clients' integrated team, supporting the successful execution of the engineering portion of multi-disciplined scopes of work across a high-profile brownfield portfolio.
You will be responsible for:
- Support and uphold both Wood and client HSE requirements on site
- Interface with the client, contractors and subcontract teams
- Interface with the Wood Perth office, providing site survey support when called upon
- Provide engineering support and running calculation checks when required
- Assisting the Site Manager when required
- Provide inspection support and feedback when required
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and are able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship. Additionally, we are looking for Darwin based applicants or those who would welcome relocating for this role.
Skills / Qualifications
Ide ally, you will be suitably qualified in Mechanical or Process Engineering from a recognised institution and either be a recent graduate or an engineer with some exposure and enthusiasm to gain further experience in the Oil & Gas brownfields EPCM sector in Australia. We welcome applicants with Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certifications.
In addition, you will have:
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Exceptional time management skills and be highly organised and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
- Exposure to engineering design and risk management with knowledge of applicable codes and standards (both international and Australian)
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and engineering programs
- An ability to maintain composure under pressure, while delivering within a challenging and complex environment
- A "solutions mindset" embracing innovation and an agile approach to delivering the best possible outcomes
What will set you apart is your will be your ability or willingness to work in a client-facing role.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are a Graduate Engineer / Engineer looking for a career challenge - apply now!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.