Skills: Project Management, Supply & Distribution
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood perform consulting, and EPCM services for many of Canada's power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, Distribution. Reporting to the Manager of Project Delivery, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the successful execution of electrical distribution projects and programs in our Vancouver office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of distribution projects
- Managing project team and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of asset replacement or new capital/system improvement projects in order to meet or exceed client expectations
- Meeting with the client and managing their expectations
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client's needs and comply with all applicable regulations
- Overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support
Skills / Qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university
- Engineering Degree or a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate is preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in distribution asset replacement and new capital and system improvement projects, including at least five years of increasing responsibility as a team lead or manager
- Experience in power line asset replacement and new capital/system improvement is an asset
- Good communication skills including excellent oral, written and presentation skills for communication with internal team, stakeholders and clients
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer focused - develops sincere and open relationships with customers, current and potential; constantly striving to exceed expectations and add value
- Safety focused with an uncompromising approach to risk management. Places the welfare of both internal and customer employees at the top of the agenda
- Ability to travel to field locations as required, with a Class 5 driver license and a clean driving record
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.