Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking to recruit a Hydraulic Technician to join our team in Houma, Louisiana. The main purpose of the role is to perform hydraulic crane field services, and act as Company Representative for the crane product line.
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair cranes - hydraulic and closed loop experience or electric.
• Ability to completely overhaul winches, valves, diesel engines and hydraulic components.
• Ability to build and repair hydraulic and electric pipe tension systems, assemble hydraulic and pneumatic valve bodies, and rebuild hydraulic pumps and motors.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for offshore cranes.
• Provide crane school to customers as needed.
• Observe competitive activities.
• Contribute to company image and reputation.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
• Introduce new safety features such as anti-two blocking and external brake test kits.
• Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
• Ability to perform a technical and economic assessment and review for purpose of refurbishment and/or new equipment sales.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Must have closed loop hydraulic experience.
• Must have mechanical, hydraulic and diesel experience.
• Repair skills.
• Must know proper crane rigging procedures.
• Good driving record.
• Able to perform tasks independently.
• Must have thorough knowledge of API2C and RP2D and 9A Specifications