Project Manager - EPC Buildings Location : Houston, TX Job Description
- With general autonomy, manages architectural building EPC projects for large petrochemical facilities.
- Candidate must have previous experience in petrochemical architectural building project management where purview of responsibility included all aspects of building engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience with industry standards and codes particular to petrochemical building scope such as administration centers, central control rooms, operator shelters, etc. and accompanying system requirements such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security, laboratory, etc.
- Delivers expected results for HSE, quality, client satisfaction, budget, and schedule performance while ensuring project financial success.
- Serves as prime point of contact between the client and company for the project's building scope, reporting to company's Project Director.
- Assures the project execution is in accordance with policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- Manages and coordinates activities of all building scope personnel by direct supervision, through subordinates or through subcontracts.
- Ensures high standard of project status reporting and abides by company's high standard of business ethics and values.
- Plans the building scope execution and assures adherence to the plan.
- Manages home office staff related to all aspects of engineering, procurement, subcontracts, project controls, construction planning and commissioning planning for building scope.
- Manages field office staff and field operations related to all aspects of construction and commissioning activities for building scope.
- Manages tendering and oversight of design and construction subcontracts for building scope.
- Manages specification of building technical and performance specifications, including all structural and architectural components, accompanying building systems and furniture, furnishings, and equipment.
- Administrates strict change management and negotiates changes with the client.
- Keeps the client and company advised of project status through industry accepted project controls tracking and reporting norms.
- Manages all aspects of pre-commission and commissioning for building scope.
- Responsible for building scope completion, turnover and final documentation and archiving.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Preferably possesses a P.E. license or holds an equivalent form of professional qualification.
- Minimum of twelve (10) years of experience in related projects with an average of fifteen (12)+ years which includes several years' experience at the project manager level.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.