Skills: IT - Software Development, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The successful candidate will work with cutting edge technologies as a QA analyst of a dynamic and talented Multi-Chem Technology team.
QA analyst for Software Development will be responsible for assisting Software Development team deliverables, following testing process, and maintaining and designing test suites while balancing shifting priorities.
Candidate must be a self-learner able to adopt best-practices and continuously seek to improve.
- Design and develop software solutions in the areas of chemical treatment such as account management, field task capturing and performance reporting.
- Work with the Product Owner and software development team to deliver products that will make users happy and successful.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement within the software system and testing processes and propose new solutions
- Develop, maintain, document, and execute test cases for new software functionality that cover all relevant test areas and conditions
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of automated testing scripts
- Assist in the development and maintenance of test data sets and databases
- Define test strategy, test suites, test cases for functional, regression and performance testing
- Identify and recommend testing tools to increase the effectiveness of testing
- Review test results to ensure functional and technical requirements have been tested and ensure software functions as expected
- Provide Multi-Chem domain expertise as needed
- Reporting bugs and communicating with project teams to ensure successful resolution
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Understanding and/or experience in Agile software engineering practices and full software development life cycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a distributed team.
- Three years of related experience
- Familiarity with enterprise development process and large-scale system testing.
- Experience in developing software for O&G industry.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, big data analytics
- Expertise with Microsoft SDLC stack (ADO or TFS)
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
5500 N. Sam Houston Parkway W, Houston, Texas, 77086, United States
Requisition Number: 117217
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.