Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Telecom Engineer - Junior/Intermediate. Reporting to the Telecom Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, B.C. office. This role involves the design of various telecommunication systems for transmission and distribution projects from conception to construction . If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Delivering Telecom system designs for our transmission line and substation projects
- Working with communication systems in Power utility environment, including Microwave Radio, Fibre Optics, TCP/IP, MPLS, High Voltage Entrance Protection and Power Line Carrier communication
- Developing engineering documents, schematics, and design diagrams for Telecom systems as well as project scope, proposals, estimates, and budgets
- Creating bill of materials for all telecom equipment and hardware, ordering materials through procurement, and coordinating construction activities
- Preparing and reviewing engineering documents, specifications, and inspection and testing procedures
- Coordinating, staging and planning installation and commissioning with the utility and subcontractors
- Responding to information requests from site and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and returning the data to the client
- Traveling to site and liaising with internal groups and external contractors and clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university along with a Professional Engineering Designation or the ability to register as a Professional with EGBC
- Minimum of 2 years of Telecom experience in a Transmission and Distribution Utility or EPC/EPCM organization designing substations or related Carrier networks
- Proven knowledge of SONET/SDH/DWDM, PDH, TDM, Microwave radio, fibre optic, WIMAX, Ethernet layer 2 and 3 protocols, TCP/IP/MPLS networks
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.