Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Process Engineer, Production Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- To interface with Reservoir, Well Construction, Surface Engineering and Production Operations throughout the lifecycle of wells and fields, ensuring they are produced optimally, predictably and safely on a day to day basis without compromising longer term performance of the reservoir, well longevity or facilities
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and Client HSEQ procedures
- Ensures that all requirements for effective well, reservoir and asset management are in place for all relevant timescales
- Monitors well performance on a continuous basis and provides support to facilities, reservoir engineering asset management activities as required
- Short term production forecasting to measure performance against budget and inform production adding or enhancing activities
- Coordinates with well construction to ensure well effective integrity management and planning of potential well interventions
- Ensures progress, completion and assurance of Production Engineering related conceptual and detailed design work for upcoming development wells, maturing detailed designs for upper and lower completions, developing inflow and outflow modelling, flow assurance and optimising late life performance management
- Provides technical quality assurance for other assets or new ventures as required by functional management
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
- Degree in Sciences, Petroleum Engineering or equivalent, with comprehensive Production Technology experience
- Demonstrable technical competency in production engineering across a broad spectrum of well, fluid and reservoir types as well as varied field maturities
- Experience in subsea well operations will be an advantage.
- Possesses excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills and experience with working in a multi-discipline team/organisation
- Ability to make sound business recommendations to Management.
- Familiarity with Reservoir Engineering techniques
- Familiar with relevant workflows
- Able to provide technical direction to others.
- Puts forward own views credibly and persuasively, linking communications with desired outcomes
- Listens actively while guiding others towards positive communication outcomes, considering other perspectives
- Looks for opportunities to develop others. providing constructive and timely feedback to support development.
- Invests time in coaching others
- Takes accountability for the success of both their own and others' projects, considering and integrating a wide range of information and views in making decisions. Recognises the importance of framing and strong multi-disciplinary narratives
- Works to build trust with a multi-disciplinary team. proactively finds opportunities to assist others and provide guidance, promotes a teamwork-based collaborative approach
- Uses own and others expertise to achieve results, can coordinate teams while collaborating with others outside the team, engages and motivates others, works strategically and communicates the bigger picture to others
- Adapts easily to change and views change as a catalyst for success
- Anticipates sources of conflict and takes steps to prevent these, looking beyond their own relationships when thinking about how to prevent conflict.
- Able to solve complex problems by balancing different needs, displaying creativity and considering innovative approaches when solving problems while looking for business efficiencies in their solutions
- Consistently completes tasks on time and to a high standard, taking responsibility for both personal and collective goals.
- Promotes client Core Values and works actively to create and sustain a positive culture that embodies those values.
- Awareness of client HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.