Skills: Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, has good knowledge and understanding of applicable science and technology, gained through formal education and work experience. Working with customers, demonstrates knowledge of existing and emerging technology and product areas with our Landmark Software & Services team.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Ability to evaluate natural and artificial lift well productivity; independently and subject to surface network operations
- Perform production analysis, and optimize production under surface and reservoir constraints with minimal supervision.
- Perform material balance calculations
- Analyze well tests and use engineering judgement to update the well models
- Ability to generate and analyze IPR and VLP curves for natural flow and artificially lifted wells
- Perform routine QA/QC on all production and completion data relevant to building production models
- Evaluate surface production facilities impact on short-term, mid-term and long-term field performance by:
- Building surface network models incorporating wells, pipelines, pumps, separators and delivery nodes
- Define forecast scenarios incorporating reservoir deliverability constraints, flow capacity, processing capacity and economic constraints
- Understand configuration requirements and communication protocols necessary to acquire data from field
- Perform flow assurance studies under supervision
- Requires completion of a degree in engineering, geoscience, computer science or similar discipline
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Advanced English is a must.
- It is preferred that candidate has understanding of data science methodologies for data analysis, data model creation
- It is preferred that candidate has basic knowledge in Python/C++/or comparable language
- Ability to work with databases and user interface (UI) applications
- Work independently or as part of a team on assigned projects as instructed, complying with verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Assist in training and development through classroom courses, eLearning, and on-the-job projects with senior team members
- Knowledge of Prosper or equivalent tools. NETool preferred.
- Knowledge of GAP, PIPESIM or equivalent NEXUS preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Calle 113 #7-80, 3.Floor Torre, Bogota, Cundinamarca-DNU, , Colombia
Requisition Number: 116498
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.