Job Title: Senior Commercial Analyst
Business/Department: Commercial and Strategy
Reporting To: Business Planning and Strategy Manager Job Purpose
Provide financial and commercial analysis to support company decision making. Develop opportunities to maximise value from the company's existing Gas and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) contracts and asset base; analyse and value these opportunities, and support their progress through to execution.
Identify and assess opportunities to extend the portfolio further (in terms of Gas and LNG and Oil and Infrastructure) to support Dubai's long-term growth in a cost effective manner. This includes commercial input into both project level, and strategic level planning. Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities) Analytical and commercial support for the Business Planning and Strategy Manager in relation to management of existing contracts exposures and risks. As part of this, lead the maintenance and development of some of the company's economic models. Provide scenario analysis and concise outputs for management and to support decision making. Provide financial analysis and insight on company cashflows and key business metrics. Assist in structuring and drafting of commercial agreements: Term Sheets, Gas Supply Agreements (GSA), LNG Supply Agreements, Gas Transmission and Storage Agreements. Work with internal stakeholders and external advisors (i.e. Legal) to manage the company's exposure under these agreements. Support the development of commercial opportunities that extract value from existing assets: i.e. pipelines, gas storage, the Floating Storage and Regasification Units (FSRUs). This includes both commercial analysis of such structures, and development of contracts to give effect to them. Such opportunities could relate to gas storage, LNG bunkering and industrial gas sales. Provide commercial input into the assessment, execution and close-out of CAPEX projects for the company Communication and Important Working Relationships Internal Contacts:
Commercial and Strategy Team and staff at the company's various sites.External Contacts:
Legal, Regional Gas Market Participants and LNG counterparties, Trading banks, external data and information providers. Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; Finance, Business Planning, Engineering or a discipline requiring strong analytical capability.
- 10 years' experience working in gas and/or LNG markets.
- Experience in gas storage, commercial preferred.
- Experience in developing/managing gas and/or LNG commercial agreements: Term Sheets, GSAs and Sale, and Purchase Agreement (SPAs).
- Experience in developing/managing energy infrastructure contracts: gas transportation agreements and gas storage contracts.
- Knowledge and experience of energy chains within the Middle East region an advantage.
- Strong capability in modelling commercial opportunities and in Net Present Value (NPV) / Internal Rate of Return (IRR) value assessments for energy related infrastructure.
- Proven commercial acumen. Able to identify key value drivers, and options to structure commercial transactions.
- Capability in using energy forecasts and other economic market data for commercial purposes.
- The ability to foster external as well as internal relationships.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written English communication skills, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Expert use of Excel.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.