Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Piping Designer for a long-term contract in Long Beach, California. Summary:
- Minimum of 7 years Piping Design experience, preferably in a refinery or petrochemical plant.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD software
- Have a good understanding of refinery Piping Design related codes, standards and specifications.
- Perform moderate to complex design tasks, equipment/plot layout, pipe routing, standard detail development and be familiar with pipe stress analysis.
- Perform fieldwork required for design, including obtaining field dimensions/surveying, field verification of existing drawings and provide technical assistance to field construction as required.
- Will be responsible for developing detailed IFC work packages for projects, including drawings, specifications and narrative description as required.
- Should be able to generate a Piping IFC package from a Project P&ID with minimal supervision.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.