Instrument & Electrical Technician Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Executes assigned demand and preventive maintenance tasks on schedule and documents results in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends improvements to job tasks and equipment to improve safety, reliability, and cost. Works with Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance to implement improvements.
- Works with Operations and other Maintenance crafts to safely address plant problems.
- Safely performs troubleshooting on equipment (operating and off-line) without impacting reliability and makes repairs as needed.
- Direct contractors to perform instrument/electrical work as needed to supplement I/E technicians for both routine activities and projects.
- Assist in the creation/modification of operating and maintenance procedures for instrumentation, analyzers, and electrical equipment.
- Supports the specification and development of spare parts list for IEA equipment.
- Works with the Maintenance Coordinator and Operations to plan and schedule preventive maintenance, non-routine maintenance, and project work.
- Provides technical guidance and recommendations for the design, installation, and operation of instrument and electrical equipment
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- 5+ years electrical, instrument and on-line analyzer operation and maintenance experience in the refining or chemical processing industry.
- A.S. Degree or higher in electronics, process instrumentation or related field, preferred.
- Understanding and ability to comply with all Company, local, state and federal regulations, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- To ensure the effective and safe performance of the job, the ability to effectively communicate in English with others, in both written and in verbal form is required, as well as reading and writing skills and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Valid driver's license and ability to maintain such license.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with maintaining and troubleshooting electrical equipment ranging from 13.8 KV down to 24 VDC with the ability to learn the skills for working on 120 KV systems.
- Knowledgeable of NFPA 70E for arc flash classification, boundary distance and PPE.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with maintaining and troubleshooting analyzers such as mass spectrometer, (variable magnetic sector and quad pole), FTIR's, Total Sulphur, O2, Gas Chromatograph, pH, etc. Understands calibration materials/equipment and assist in the management of inventory.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with test equipment such as hart communicators, calibration equipment and software packages for reviewing PLC logic.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as Modbus, TCP/IP, RS 485, RS 232.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer using program applications appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities, use of Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Ability to read single-line / one-line electrical drawings and process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Knowledge of high and low voltage equipment.
- Knowledge of electronic instrumentation, PLC's, DCS systems, and on-line and lab analyzers and the software associated with said equipment.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.