3D CAD Technician Description
The CAD Technician will assist technical teams of detailers, designers and engineers to create world class detail on a variety of projects. This position will assist in developing computer-aided drafting design solutions.
- Assist with preparing drawings and revising existing engineering drawings of basic components from specific sketches or layouts.
- Assist with preparing and revising plot drawings.
- Responsible for adhering to company and client drafting standards and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to the drafting practices of selected discipline.
- Assist in drafting design and documentation for various projects.
- Assist with tasks utilizing standard drafting detail programs.
- Assist in continuous drafting detail improvement efforts.
- Research solutions to project concerns and recommend solutions to design problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in Plant 3D required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.