Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for managing the Subsea Services Project Management Teams, work load balancing, and profitability of ongoing Subsea and SSR projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage assigned team of Project Managers in support of all customer expectations and requirements.
- Establish, maintain and report KPIs for ensuring adherence to processes, increase efficiency, reduce COPQ and increase profitability. KPIs to be agreed annually.
- Check on Equipment and parts movements.
- By directions and managing of Project Management Team, assist Service Excellence in verification of system configurations, specifications and certifications.
- Work with Operations Lead in prioritizing and actioning all identified deficiencies and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Manage interface with Technical Writer(s) for development of processes and procedures.
- Work with Operations Lead in crew evaluations, crew assignment and improvement opportunities.
- Review and task PMs and give updates to Operations Lead with respect to system's maintenance consistency and completeness.
- Support and action all offshore equipment upgrade activities as directed by Service Excellence.
- Maintain close interaction with Operations Lead in personnel promotions and competency engagement.
- Work with Project Managers in support of any HSE issues (Incident reports, Tap Roots, Near Hits) as well as HSE initiatives.
- Send all audit action updates to Audit dept.
- Match all reports for downtime percentage.
- Provide support to collections with respect to customer interfaces and interactions.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities .
- Customer relationship and satisfaction with services provided.
- P&L performance...specifically Job Profit to As-Bid.
- Maintain and improve Project Management processes and procedures through continuous improvement
- Report out KPI's and ensure team is adhering to processes and procedures
- Work with Operations Leads in evaluating project execution looking for continuous improvements
- Work with Service Excellence in overall COPQ reduction
- As required, discuss project management team and individual performance as related to Job Profit / Job Cost and other KPIs, development and implementation of processes and procedures.
- As required, discuss with Operations Lead project execution, personnel selection / performance and COPQ performance and plans for reduction.
- Ensure the adoption and distinction between Project Management and Service Excellence.
- Learn what it means to work effectively in a matrix organisation.
- Promote the effective use of SLA's
- Drive clear, visible and frequent discussions between business and functional parts of the organisation.
- Promote improvement at all levels, where individuals train, mentor and understand willingness to understand all business functions and how they interact.
- Ensure transparency and data centric based discussions when raising cross BG challenges.
- Minimum 10 years Subsea Services Project Management experience.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Skilled with Microsoft suite of tools including MS Project or like.
- Evidence of a strong business acumen
- Project Management Certification.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect .
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences .
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required .
Working Conditions (Regio nal Variance Required)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.