Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This is the intermediate level job. Acquires and develops broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area. Applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform tasks for conventional products. Exercises limited judgment. Works on small projects or portions of larger projects. Assists on other tasks, or performs moderate design tasks. Receives close supervision, and thorough review of all work performed for application of sound professional judgment.
Minimum 2-5+ years related experience - Must have Engineering Degree. Professional Engineering designation should be acquired as soon as the applicable provincial experience requirements have been met. (Not used for Mfg, Supply Chain or R&D).
Skills & Knowledge:
• Experience in deploying and debugging Enterprise software in Microsoft Environment
• Excellent debugging /knowledge of .Net, C#, SQL, Oracle, HTML5, PowerShell, TypeScript, IIS, and Angular
• Microsoft Server OS knowledge
• SQL Server Management Experience
• Experience ETL Techniques and tools
• Experience in integrating applications
• Exposure to Open Source Analytics
• Enhance or make custom changes in existing utilities, batch scheduling
• Exposure to Software support
• Knowledge of Windows programming environment
• Knowledge of Web Security, Authentication and Authorization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to calmly manage crisis situations
• Ability to plan ahead and organize daily and weekly tasks
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Experience in similar role troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with hardware and software
• Work experience with SCADA software and hardware
• Prefer Windows OS administration and support
• Experience in Oil and Gas Industry - Production
• Valid driver's license.
• Experience in SCADA, Protocols such as MODBUS,OPC
• Experience in RTUs, PLCs, communication configuration and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs and web applications
• Experience in Data Analytics, BI
• Experience in CygNet, LOWIS, ForeSite or similar software
• Experience in Oil and Gas Industry
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation / and related streams with 7+ years of experience