Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer f or the Southern California region. Reporting to the Engineering Manager of T&D in the home office, this position is located in our Los Angeles, CA office. This role has overall responsibility for the successful engineering execution for our clients in Western United States. Engineering projects include new and existing electrical substations from 4 kV to 500 kV, addition or replacement of equipment, protection & control (P&C), telecom, SCADA, transmission, substation layouts and station services.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and/or coordinate all phases of detailed engineering, including conducting field visits to collect data, assist with the resourcing of personnel required for the project, create work instructions, and complete Wood Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Assist in training a local team, working in collaboration with home office.
- Determine and document project estimate, scope, and schedule, evaluate design options, and change notices in accordance with Customer contracts
- Review work of project team members to ensure accuracy of completeness and quality deliverables, including checking specifications, drawings, and test reports to ensure high quality design, and participating in Customer design and constructability review meetings to meet contractually agreed upon performance standards and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Assure the development of designs and specifications follow generally accepted Industry, professional engineering, and Customer specific standards, including ensuring the latest safe practices and methods are integrated into engineering design.
- Assist the local account manager providing support with all technical issues relating to design/engineering
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university. A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience preferably on T&D utility projects, including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a project engineer
- Southern California Edison experience is considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.