Skills: Maintenance Technician, Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baytown, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Pipefitters with experience in the petrochemical maintenance industry.
Skills / Qualifications
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools appropriate for the job,
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately perform field measurements and sketches.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to use industry standards in dimensioning fabricated piping systems.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.