Skills: Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering, Asset Integrity Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom
This role works within the Asset team; who are accountable for delivering safe, reliable and efficient operation of the assets. The role provides Mechanical Engineering technical discipline as part of a team of multi-discipline engineers dedicated to plant. They provide technical input associated with their core discipline, as well as engagement in broader cross-discipline activities to develop understanding and appreciation of other discipline sets. This is a multi-discipline asset-focussed team who develop and implement short-to-medium term modifications and maintenance strategies in order to optimise individual assets in line with the asset plans and objectives. They work closely alongside the Operations teams in order to identify issues, and deliver the Engineering activities required to deliver the annual plan and the mid-term performance improvements.
· Proven manufacturing/maintenance experience in R&M/Projects/TAR roles within the Petrochemical or Refining industries;
· Experience of petrochemical and/or refinery process equipment, reliability, damage mechanisms and failure modes;
· Understanding of maintenance strategies and integrity management principles;
· Performance bias;
· Ability to balance conflicting demands in a continuously developing environment; and
· Good communicator, interpersonal and leadership skills.
•Accountability for ensuring the mechanical integrity of the asset; ·
Responsible for safe, reliable and efficient maintenance and modification of the plant; ensuring sustainable maintenance processes and people are in place to achieve this;
Ensure all statutory requirements are complied with in area of responsibility; ·
Reviews field data and reporting of trends to optimise PM workloads and activities for cost-benefit analysis;
· Inputs to the Appraise, and early Select transition to the Projects team, for typical asset development projects;
· Member of the RBI team for the asset;
· Support to HAZOP/LOPA programme;
· Depending on discipline and experience, may be required to chair aspects of HAZOP/LOPA activity;
Degree Qualified Engineer
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.