Skills: Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Be a key member of an exciting team, supporting program from development through to production?
Are you ready for a new adventure within manufacturing engineering?
Join a first and best in class technical team at Druck to deliver exceptional solutions time, and time again.
This an exciting time to join a collaborative and pivotal team in the manufacturing engineering field.
Partner with the best
Join a first and best in class technical team to deliver exceptional solutions time and time again.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a key member of the manufacturing engineering team, supporting major programs from development to production and business as usual through process planning, change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Liaising with internal departments (Purchasing, Quality, Integrated Project Teams) and, on occasion, dealing directly with the customer and supplier
- Providing input into product changes and modifications, to ensure they are designed for efficient manufacture and assembly
- Providing robust solutions to production issues ensuring cost, quality and time metrics
- Acting as the Manufacturing Engineering authority on process planning, equipment, tooling and productivity
- Leading and owning manufacturing engineering work streams and projects
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Higher National Certificate/ Higher National Diploma or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
- Ability to use CAD (previous knowledge of Solidworks is an advantage) to design fixtures and analyse product designs
- Manufacturing engineering position in similar engineering industry
- Good experience in assembly techniques and good attention to detail of components and assemblies
- Understanding of the MRP system, engineering and manufacturing Bill of Materials would be an advantage
- Ability to efficiently convert technical information & engineering drawing data into work instructions & technical narratives (Essential)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- Onsite gym
- Onsite canteen and subsidized meals
- Flexible working
- Excellent career training and development plans
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.