Electrical Engineer - Power CPE Location:
Stonehouse Technology Center, UK About Schlumberger:
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Summary:
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products related to power electronics (power conversion, motor control and motor drive). The Electrical Engineer also assists in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements for power electronics applications. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles. In charge of keeping the Product Maturity Tracker (requirement document) updated up to project closure.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization. Product commercialization include but not limited to full system integration, full environmental qualification and successful field test.
- Perform necessarily calculation/simulations to validate the design (efficiency calculation, identification of hot spot, estimation of temperature rise, EMC filter sizing, control loop bandwidth verification,....)
- Design magnetics with associated simulation. Magnetics needs to be outsourced using "built to print" manufacturing file methodology (to allow double sourcing)
- Design for test and for manufacturing with the support of the concurrent team
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab experiments. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects. Release test reports of all prototypes built using the standard Power CPE engineering test platform.
- Get familiar with SLB environmental qualification process and associated machines/equipment (aging test, ATV, hot shock,...)
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Develop project plan by continually evaluate engineering approaches/concepts with associated risks.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Help develop a power module building block library for high temperature applications not only for D&M applications but also Wireline - Expansion in OneSea applications need also to be taken into account.
- Interact directly with internal customers to understand their needs and translate them into requirements using the Product Maturity Tracker
- Get familiar with SLB Root Cause Analysis methodology (5 WHY or fishbone) including FMEA process
- Minimum BSc in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of power supply design experience
- Strong lab experience in debugging complex power modules (hand-on experience)
- Familiar with multiple power supply topologies (flyback, half bridge, full bridge,...)
- Candidate needs to be customer oriented since the Power CPE is providing insourcing capability ("start-up")
- Strong in experience in design for cost, manufacturability, testability and reliability
- Experience in project management is a big plus (each power supply is managed as a minim project)
- Experience in firmware development is a big plus (digitalization migration)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.