Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical / ICA Engineer at Senior Consultant grade with a strong track record within the water sector. The position would be ideally based in any one of the following offices: Glasgow, Newcastle, Knutsford, Birmingham or Leamington Spa. Wood's Environment & Infrastructure International (E&II) team provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to the infrastructure sector. Joining the Infrastructure team, you will actively contribute to all stages of the project lifecycle for infrastructure electrical and ICA (E&ICA).
The Electrical/ICA Engineer will be an integral member of the Sustainable Infrastructure team and work independently and within a team environment to design and deliver technical solutions for various types of facilities and capital projects. This role will support the engineering and design delivery on a wide range of projects primarily producing and/or checking detailed electrical engineering deliverables. These deliverables will support tenders, concept design, detailed design and lead onto construction and commissioning support. The workload is extremely varied and there will be opportunities to become involved in some challenging projects within several sectors.
- Deliver electrical design inputs for infrastructure related projects
- Preparation and/or review of electrical package deliverables such as technical specifications, calculations, reports, datasheets, schedules, single line diagrams, block cable diagrams and associated electrical documentation
- Review and execute tender evaluations
- Participate in proposals, scoping of work, identifying key tasks, packages and developing resourcing/time estimates
- Understand requirements in relation to installations relating to DSEAR and electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres
- Participate and manage inspection, testing, setting to work and commissioning stages relevant to electrical equipment and installations
- Attend factory acceptance tests for low voltage assemblies
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified (IET accredited) in Electrical Engineering, or the minimum of an electrical HND with substantial experience
- Chartered Engineer
- Possession of a valid UK driving licence is essential, as is a willingness to travel and work for limited periods elsewhere within the UK and on occasion, overseas
- Significant experience in delivering electrical engineering low voltage design aspects of infrastructure projects as an Electrical Design Engineer. This includes design experience to BS7671 gained within a relevant engineering sector
- Be technically sound and able to work mainly unsupervised in the preparation and/or review of electrical design package deliverables such as technical specifications, calculations, reports, datasheets, schedules, single line diagrams, block cabling diagrams and associated electrical/ICA documentation
- Have an appreciation of instrumentation and control systems and their integration with the electrical system
- Understand requirements in relation to installations relating to DSEAR, electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres and CDM Regulations
- Be able to communicate clearly in the English language; both verbally and in the production of high-quality written documentation using MS Office applications
- Have a confident Client-facing manner, and be diligent, confident, collaborative and highly motivated when working as part of a Client's team, together with Wood colleagues, or independently
- Be able to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
- Be able to travel and visit operational works and construction sites as required, to act in a safe manner, and to asset survey, inspect, and witness test electrical equipment
- You will have a commitment to team goals, embrace collaboration at all levels in the business and embrace safety as a non-negotiable priority
- Demonstrate a practical appreciation of electrical safe systems of work
- Be able to use cable design, protection and co-ordination software
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.