Skills: Quantity Surveying
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Ellesmere Port, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a number of Quantity Surveyors to join the Process and Energy business, The roles will require personnel to be based out of Darlington or Ellesmere Port offices, other working locations would be considered for the right candidate within UK.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a major blue chip organisation offering EPC services to a wider range of customer, within several different markets.
Key responsibilities of the role will includes:
- Promotes safe working practices within commercial function.
- Performs pre award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, co-ordinating commercial and legal qualifications,
- Performs post award admin including; ensuring that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system, ensuring that invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and include full contract entitlement, ensuring commercial models and scope of delivery are understood by the contract management team, rate reviews are completed, change is captured in contract variations/amendments and commercial administration files are established and maintained. Interfaces with client on a regular basis.
- Leads and provides commercial support to a large team of contract finance personnel to ensure contract commercial compliance
- Prepares monthly commercial management reports and input to monthly Contract Performance Reviews.
- Supports implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Supports governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting and contractual discussions
- Assist with the negotation of Terms and Conditions with clients and suppliers
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients.
- Mentors and develops junior commercial personnel
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to WOOD.
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to WOOD and Clients.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree Qualified in a relevant Cost/Commercial subject with demonstrable experience
- 5 years experience in a similar leadership/management role or professional qualification is desirable.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to give presentations/reports to all levels including external stakeholders
- Proficient IT Skills, with a strong working knowledge of Excel and Word as a minimum
- Commercial acumen
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.