Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as JSC WOOD KSS) is recruiting for a Construction Manager (Expatriate) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join our Operations business in support of one of our key energy clients in Kazakhstan on a 6x2 rotation, working 6 days per week. This role is an initial 12-month contract, it is expected to develop into a longer-term ongoing assignment.
With project autonomy, your focus will be to:
- Establish and maintain the construction standards within the project
- Set strategic and tactical direction regarding policy/procedures, work force staffing and budgeting
- Participate in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts and supporting business acquisitions & preparation of technical proposals
- Class 3 estimate
- Develop and get approval of the strategy for the project
- Review strategy for maximising the local content for the project
- Input to the system limits and fabrication planning for the project
- Participate & lead constructability input into design deliverables ensuring safety & suitability of design for implementation
- Oversee the development of workpack procedures & relevant workpacks
- Supervise and Lead team of engineers
- Manage and monitor contractor's workforce activities, productivity & safety performance
Skills / Qualifications
As part of the regional requirements for obtaining work permits, you must hold a d egree / diploma (or similar higher education) qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 15+ years experience in construction & commissioning management and project engineering in brownfields oil and gas processing industry (both onshore and offshore). In addition, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Engineering (or similar higher education)
- Proven experience in the management of office, onshore and offshore site construction and teams
- Excellent communication and fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Proven experience in EPC type contracts in
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or senior position within a management team
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving project goals whilst maintaining high standards in safety at all times
- Extensive knowledge of managing major construction activities
- Experienced in the production of detailed procedures / documents / reports
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures
- Conversant with HR practices / processes
What will set you apart will be 5+ years of experience working in a similar Construction Manager role and your familiarity of regional / international standards. Knowledge of Electrical Construction works (Substation, Transformers, cut-overs) would also be advantagous.
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges.
If you are Construction Manager and looking for your next project in the Oil & Gas industry apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.