Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The Materials Manager for multiple product lines across a single large facility. Has responsibility for planning and procurement activities in a manufacturing setting. Manage the planning, coordination, and direction of all procurement and planning operations, Manage efficient operations of MRP/CRP through the direction of a technical support staff and/or outside technical and non-technical support services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Global planning to ensure customer demand is captured and analyzed, while ensuring a robust supply chain solution is in place to meet the demand within requested lead-times and cost.
- Will have to manage and coordinate procurement, planning and scheduling activities in a large manufacturing plant to ensure the optimal MRP/CRP solution is achieved at all times. This includes interacting with: o Customer service, o Planning, o Purchasing, o Engineering, o Machine shops, o Quality in addition to internal and external suppliers.
- This position will act as the main point of contact within ADM for the Planning and Procurement activities
- Perform moderately to complex activities related to the Procurement and Planning functions to ensure MRP/CRP is accurate and finctioning effectively and efficiently
- Be proficient in JDE processes and problem resolution.
- Manage and drive improvement in the processing of Weatherford MRP/CRP messages and systems.
- Process month-end reports (shipments, receipts, past due orders, open orders, forecast, etc.).
- Liaise with business unit supply chain management on manufacturing schedules and on urgent orders.
- Manage and coordinate multiple business unit/plant enquiries, RFQs, purchase orders.
- Manage the contract review process ensuring all customer requirements are being addressed.
- Responsible for coordinating between various internal MFG departments
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must have good understanding of WFT product lines Proficient in MS Office applications with strong Excel skills
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated and perform with little supervision
- Must have strong analytical and financial skills Must be customer oriented.
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.
- Must have a flexible work schedule to ensure availability and coverage across multiple time zones Degree in business, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent Required Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Supervisory role within a machining/manufacturing environment Minimum 10 years experience working in an ISO 9001-2000 and API environment
- Solid background in MRP/ERP Green/Black belt certification is highly desired
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred.