The Materials Engineer is responsible for evaluating new materials, processes and suppliers. The Materials Engineer consults with Product Groups on materials related issues. This person applies seasoned technical knowledge to various engineering projects on materials and material processing issues. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advise on material selection, property data and failure avoidance.
- Develop and evaluate new materials through characterization, testing and analysis.
- Develop, evaluate and qualify special processes such as welding, heat treating, compounding and extrusion, and their applications.
- Write materials and process specifications and standards.
- Perform failure and predictive analyses, and data analysis to develop advancements for products, focusing on material selection, modification and processing effects.
- Provide material consultation to InTouch engineers, field locations and customers.
- Provide material engineering review and approval of contract and subcontract statements of work and specifications.
- Prepare and maintain source control and other procurement documentation and guidance for material procurement activities; assign quality requirements for procurements and subcontracts.
- Interface with suppliers and subcontractor representatives on material related activities.
- Produce detailed technical reports and provide effective technical presentations
- Materials engineering degree (BSci minimum)
- Minimum of 3 years working in the area of material science/engineering (academic or industry) with a focus on materials development and improvements.
- Although not required for position, experience with welding and hard refractory alloys would be welcomed.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.