Skills: Electrical Technician, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary role of the workshop technician is to carry out maintenance and refurbishment activities on ROV systems and/ or associated tooling packages in the Aberdeen workshop
- Carry out maintenance, (mobilization, demobilization, periodic and in-storage) and refurbishment activities on company owned equipment
- Ensure that all work is performed to conform to company operating and maintenance standards and in accordance with all current legislation
- Update equipment maintenance systems to record details of all repairs and maintenance of company owned equipment
- Assist with preparation and mobilization of ROV systems and/ or associated tooling packages
- Participate in daily toolbox talks for workshop group
- Participate in observation system and conduct STOP audits on a regular basis
- Participate in safety training courses and initiatives
- Ensure that all tasks are performed using correct procedures
- Ensure compliance with HSE requirements prior to starting and during operations i.e. COSHH, HAVS, PUWER and LOLER
- Participate in creation of Risk Assessments and JSEA
- Participate in QHSE initiatives such as continuous improvement implementation and monitoring
- Adopt and promote 5S and lean principals
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Participate in the company competence scheme to allow progression through company career framework.
- If required, travel overseas and to offshore locations to provide onsite technical support
- If required, attend project kick-off meetings to provide technical support
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to Operations Manager- Workshop
- Will also take direction from Workshop Lead Technician/ Supervisor
- City Guilds, SVQ level 3 in Electronic, Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of subsea equipment, including, but not limited to ROV systems, IWOCS, Workover Systems and Tooling packages
- Electrical installation, with an emphasis on industrial installations
- Strong knowledge and understanding of component function/ repair, control panel wiring/ building
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical schematics
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong understanding of LOTO process/ procedures
- Demonstratable awareness of 6S and lean principles
- Working at heights experience
- Overhead crane certification
- HNC /HND in Electronic, Electrical Engineering
- Extensive experience in ROV Systems including control van wiring/ repairs and modifications
- COMPEX certification
- 6S Champion
- Forklift Truck certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ambassador for change
- Promotes the use of open and honest feedback
- Promotes QHSE improvements
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment or scope
- Consistently works with accuracy and thoroughness
- Perseus continuous personal development
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be working indoors or outdoors during the day and occasionally at night. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site may include indoor and outdoor climate with various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment etc. This may include an offshore environment where vessel movements may have an effect.
The employee will be required to wear PPE at all times
The employee is required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges.
This position is considered Medium work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.