Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Longmont, Colorado, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Estimator. Working in our Longmont, CO office is highly desired however, t he position has a broad scope therefore the successful candidate can be based in the United States (no relocation assistance is provided), and must be in proximity to a Wood Office and travel hub.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Prepares, reviews, and submits accurate estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with services. This ensures accurate budgeting and planning can take place, supports the robust control of projects throughout their lifecycle to ensure the project can be delivered profitably.
Responsible for the development of project estimates and ensuring they are prepared to the required level of detail and accuracy in accordance with contractual requirements and Wood policies, procedures, and standards. Supports more senior members of estimating team in the management of the contract or
project estimating norms and the preparation and filing of project estimate documentation.
May act as the focal point for several smaller, less complex project scopes.
- Under general supervision competently performs all aspects of estimating assignments typically in large and more complex projects
- Prepare and develop the Basis of Estimate for project cost estimates for submission
- Develop, issue, and maintain project cost estimates in accordance with the Basis of Estimate including statements of work scope, assumptions, man-hour estimates, narratives, and review & comment of client documents
- Participate in the internal review of project cost estimates, coordinating comments & updates and ultimately obtaining estimate approval as required
- Delivery of reviewed estimates to Wood management for review and approval
- Production and issuance of updates to projects cost estimates in a controlled manner
- Liaise with other Project Controls disciplines to ensure projects budgets and schedules are developed to reflect the structure and content of the approved project cost estimate
- Liaise with engineering, procurement, subcontract and construction functions to maintain awareness of the requirements and costs of labour, plant and equipment, materials, subcontracts, offices, IT, and other provisions, to ensure these are accurately reflected in the project cost
- Undertake the formal filing of project and proposal estimates, the collection of project historical data and the continuous update of estimating databases and norms in a controlled manner
- Coordinate the development and issuance of change orders in accordance with the appropriate change notifications
- May Assess and communicate cost and schedule impact of change notifications
- Participate in Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
- Assist and support in the mentoring of junior estimating personnel
- Ensure prepared estimates meet Wood policy, processes, and standards estimates are submitted in a timely manner considering restrictions imposed by resource limitations and documentation provided by stakeholders
- Document the Basis of Estimate
- Maintain a record of approved estimates
- Reflect current contract rates in estimates
- Maintain current materials and fabrication prices to reflect the latest market conditions
- Carry out contingency risk analysis as specified in Wood policy, processes, and standards
- Review performance of projects is reviewed in terms of actual hours and quantities versus estimated hours and quantities with recommended changes to norms as required
- Correctly identify scope and design development charge orders
- Track and record change orders with correct submission and approval dates
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years domestic onshore oil & gas experience
- Must be familiar and experienced with onshore oil & gas markets within the United States
- Minimum 5 years in an estimating role for midstream and upstream onshore domestic oil and gas projects
- Must have and demonstrate working knowledge of various types of onshore domestic oil and gas facilities i.e. cryogenic gas plants, multi train compressor stations, liquid transfer facilities, central tank battery, gathering facilities, LNG terminals
- Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment on multiple estimates within a very short time frame for completion. Excellent time management skills is a must
- Experience estimating structural steel, mechanical piping, civil foundations and associated dirt work
- Experience in shop manufacturing of process piping and structural steel is a plus
- Experience using SAGE estimating software or similar is a plus
- Must have experience in excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Candidate must have the knowledge and ability to read and interpret isometric, civil and structural drawings to derive quantity takeoff for inclusion in estimate build up
- Prior experience in a construction or coordinator role desired but not required
- Must be familiar with various contract framework options i.e. lump sum, T&M, cost plus, budgetary
- Self starter with excellent time management skills
- Able to identify risk within an RFP and report findings to management
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.