Skills: Lease Analyst
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Land Analyst Division Order in in Houston, Texas. This is a 6 month contract, with possibilities of extension.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Analyze and interpret legal ownership through the examination of division order title opinions and calculate/confirm the correct decimal of interest ownership
- Address existing title requirements and request curative documentation or collaborate with Land to waive the title requirement
- Analyze and interpret oil and gas leases and contracts to determine their impact to revenue settlement
- Establish and maintain legal revenue ownership in SAP-PRA
- Perform authorization for payment of proceeds to interest owners when title is adequate and authorize suspension of funds when title is not clear
- Maintain and adjust legal ownership throughout the life of the producing asset by adjusting ownership pursuant to conveyances, probate, court orders, liens, etc.
- Review/interpret the effect lease/contracts terms and the impact to Revenue settlement by collaborating with Finance, Land and Royalty Compliance
- Participate in due diligence activities by validating ownership
- Develop proficient use of technology resources to aid in resolution of settlement activity
Skills / Qualifications
- 7-10 years of experience - Senior level
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset
- Identifies problems and develops potential solutions
- Makes decisions within well-defined parameters
- Work schedule is 5 days on / 2 days off
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.