Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, England, United Kingdom
The role of the Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer is to provide the link between the Engineering function and Manufacturing Operations. You will work closely with multiple departments including Engineering, Supply Chain, Planning and Manufacturing to ensure all products, designed and released to the shop floor, are ready for manufacture and test. You will support product development in line with company processes, providing input on design for manufacture, overseeing qualification results and designing test arrangements. You will also be responsible for controlling, and optimizing, process routings and execution timings to ensure the company operates competitively.
• Support the execution of all OneSubsea Projects throughout the entire Product lifecycle as per Company process requirements.
• Attend technical reviews, providing input on design requirements,
specifications and designs, with a view to manufacturability and cost optimisation
• Responsibility for reviewing and approving all Engineering Change Requests related to projects. This includes checking process plans, BoMs, Quality plan requirements and
setting of MRP routes.
• Responsible for compiling all Design of Manufacturing Checklists to ensure manufacturing readiness prior to product commercialization.
• Establish pilot testing and scale up plan for manufacturing technology
• Responsible for implementation of key elements of Lean, including; standard work
instructions, routing optimization, value stream mapping and cell design
• Support, and drive, new processes to develop means to monitor and demonstrate
manufacturing stability. Key focus areas; monitoring performance of product commercialisation and internally manufactured parts
Minimum Job Qualifications
• An Industrial, Manufacturing or Engineering Degree.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including
assembly and testing, CNC turning and milling, investment casting, TIG and EB
welding, injection and transfer moulding
• Experience in the use of 2D and 3D drawing / modelling software with ability to read
and interpret detailed component / general arrangement drawings independently
• Experience in the use of high precision tolerances, ISO limits & fits and practical
implementation of Geometric tolerances
• A keen eye for detail, process control and with a continuous improvement mindset
• Knowledge of MRP/SAP systems (Desirable)