Mechanical Engineer Location:
Berra, Italy About Schlumberger:
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Summary:
Under the direction of the project manager or the mechanical team leader, the Design Engineer provides innovative, cost effective and reliable solutions to the design, development or sustaining of new or improved products meeting the business needs. He or she develops and maintains design layouts, models, drawings and other documentation needed to define, produce and sustain the products, taking into consideration fabrication methods, and in compliance with applicable internal and external standards. He or she assists the project manager in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meet the project objectives in a timely fashion. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualification and Competencies:
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies (3D and 2D) of industrial equipment in collaboration with the design team and in accordance with specifications given.
- Coordinate construction to ensure alignment with project/task timeline, analyze experimental tests in order to verify technical solutions, adjust design as required based on test results.
- Evaluate requests from Production, Quality and Engineering department and propose product modifications accordingly.
- Propose appropriate list of materials necessary for design, create Material Master Data and provide Bills of Materials of products.
- Bs or Ms Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Less than 3 years of experience in the Industry
- Good Knowledge of Office suite
- Good Knowledge of software cad, SolidWorks and SolidEdge preferably
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Flexibility, team working and problem solving skills
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Good communiation skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.