Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Electrical Supervisor for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
Overall responsibility for the Electricians by communicating, managing and controlling the shopfloor activities of the Team. To supervise and advise on the application and quality of work undertaken by the Electrical Team. To provide assistance in carrying out repairs and servicing to Company equipment both onshore and offshore. To act as Technical Person with Executive Function for the UK Operational sites.
- Act as Technical Person with Executive Function for electrical isolations and permits at Peterhead Site and Tullos when required.
- Communicate, manage and maintain high levels of awareness and compliance to HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Direct the Electrical Team in ensuring that internal/client non-conformances actions are closed out and implemented.
- Ensure that self and team are aware and comply with all company, client and job specific procedures/legislation
- Maintain an active role in the identification of opportunities for continual improvement in the Company's quality, health safety and environmental management system, and where appropriate assist in the implementation of these improvements.
- Attend safety meetings with HSEQ/Client personnel as required.
- Assist HSEQ Team in reporting, recording, investigating, and closing out any HSEQ incidents on site.
- Generate Permits to Work (Isolations & Risk Assessments).
- Conduct or ensure that Toolbox Talks are conducted.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Manager on work scopes required for; supplies, maintenance, manufacturing and testing.
- Liaise with Product Line and Project and Asset Management Teams to obtain necessary information to assist and build new equipment as required.
- Source information from third party vendors as necessary.
- Check and apply maintenance to all company electrical equipment.
- Apply approved instructions to manufacture, repair, install or uninstall equipment and assets.
- Review, record and retain documents for asset; examination, inspection & test in the maintenance job file.
- Review, record and retain documents for materials, assemblies and new products in the asset job file.
- Report any faults and maintain the up to date calibration information for electrical equipment.
- Work to equipment budgets in line with approvals, reporting any additional requirements and deficits.
- Participate in company sponsored training courses.
- Supply Electrical team with information and instructions as necessary. Lead, develop and motivate and skilled and effective team.
- Provide support and regularly communicate with subordinate staff, both formally and informally, to ensure that expectations are understood, and the highest level of operations are achieved.
- Manage 3rd party agents to maintain local staff qualifications against company approved instructions.
- Liaise with management to determine appropriate manning levels for the Electrical Maintenance Team.
- Set performance targets for all processes and personnel for which you are responsible.
- Liaise with HR in respect of all recruitment and selection requirements, discipline and grievance issues and performance management according to policy and procedure.
- Liaise with Training and Competency Team to plan training for subordinate staff to enable effective performance and ensure their personal development is continued in order to meet the changes in the business.
- Certified Electrical Qualification
- HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
- ComPex Certification
- Inspection of electrical systems, fault finding, testing and repairs
- Working with electrical schematic and wiring diagrams
- Carrying out maintenance routines
- Carry out installations
- Repair breakdowns
- Managing staff effectively
- Ability to work to a high standard at all times.
- Ability to develop and follow operational instructions.
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the Company.
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to maintain efficient running of several projects simultaneously
- Service delivery orientated
- Confident decision maker
- Able to effectively communicate to all levels of the business.
- Ability to travel offshore/overseas when required.
- Working within drilling, drill cuttings management, solids control or drilling fluids disciplines
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industries