Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Manages, directs and supports others engaged in the full range of supply chain activities, while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, and relevant reporting requirements.
- Accountable for the successful set up and delivery of all project supply chain processes, procedures and activities.
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
- Prepare and issue the project specific procurement execution plan and/or contracting strategy, and contract schedule in line with project scope including the application and association of computerised systems e.g. Oracle, AMUSE, Materia.
- Establish and manage the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the project manager.
- Establish and chair regular PSR meetings with client, procurement, engineering and/or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained.
- Establishes priorities, assigns workloads and reviews the more difficult and complex aspects of the supply chain workload.
- Ensure that client main contract, terms and conditions, schedules, change control procedures and commercial frameworks are embedded in the supply chain activities for the project.
- Ensures that all relevant stakeholders understand both Woods and the suppliers specific contractual obligations and responsibilities.
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
- Ensure Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Ensures that supply chain team carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensures that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with and all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times.
- Act as a role model and champion Woods vision, values and behaviours.
- Act as a role model to embed the Financial Management Framework across the business
- Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan.
Skills / Qualifications
- Educated to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelor Degree or Equivalent) in business studies, law, engineering, supply chain or similar discipline/ CIPS qualified or industry equivalent.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive SC experience demonstrating results and progression to a similar management position.
- Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
- Industry forms of Subcontract
- Complex Tactical Procurement
- Logistics and Materials Management
- ERP systems
- Client contract requirements
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Leadership, motivation and development of teams and individuals
- Negotiating complex agreements
- Dispute and claim resolution
- Implementation of project supply chain processes and procedures
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Leading complex tender activities through to completion
- Mobilisation of supply chain post contract award
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.