Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for a permanent / contract position, located in Aberdeen
The Security Systems Engineer (SSE) will oversee the IT Security components of the infrastructure delivery, as delegated by the Infrastructure Manager, ensuring the delivery is aligned to Enterprise standards. The SSE shall assure design and provide oversight to design, build, installation, commissioning and handover.
- Working with the Operational Critical Telecoms (OCT), Control & Instrumentation (C&I) and Global Wells Organization (GWO) to ensure IT Infrastructure solutions are integrated end-to-end with Bill of IT solutions and meet BP Standards.
- Advising the GPO IM of the most effective way to deliver the infrastructure programme objectives.
- Creating Infrastructure designs/strategies (high-level), including network, security and hosting, based on the requirements outlined by the various Major Project teams.
- Working with IT&S Architect team to ensure that that any proposed designs/strategies are compliant with current IT&S Standards.
- Feeding these designs/strategies to the Managed Service delivery team, for compilation of the Low-Level Designs (LLD), previously known as Technical Implementation Plans (TIP).
- Providing information, provided by the various Major Project leads/teams, to the Managed Service delivery team for production of the Low-Level Design.
- Reviewing Low Level Designs, Test Plans, etc. produced by the Managed Service delivery team.
- Working with BP central teams to provide all off-facility IT connectivity.
- Delivering pre-operations IT infrastructure to support the Major Project, such as Yard/Flotel connectivity and other deliverables associated with Hook Up and Commissioning (HUC).
- Working with Package Engineers/Vendors to ensure that proposed Vendor designs/solutions are compliant with current IT&S and Digital Security Standards, along with any AV, WSUS and RA requirements.
- Previous experience designing operational systems for GPO Major Projects.
- Familiarity with industry standards for software, servers and networking.
- Awareness of BP's Engineering Technical Practice's, CVP and IT & Architecture standards.
- Knowledge of digital security, operational integrity and health and safety issues and practices associated with design and deployment of operational related systems.
- Good technical awareness of web-based applications and infrastructure.
- Experience working with technical and non-technical teams across a broad range of IT disciplines and geographies.
- Thorough knowledge of CVP (or alternate stage gate decision process) and underlying project methodologies.
- Ability to assess integrity and appropriateness of potential IT solutions
- Strong business awareness
- The SSE should have a good working knowledge of:
- Application Architectures
- System / Function Matrix
- Enterprise Manageability Diagrams
- Interface Catalogues
- Data Architectures
- Data flow diagrams
- Technology Architectures
- Environments and Locations Diagram
- Communication Engineering Diagram
- Strong Planning, Cost Estimating, Risk Management, Performance Management, Quality & Delivery Assurance skills
- Strong analytical skills, willing to challenge and be challenged
- Strong interpersonal skills working at all levels in an organization
- Strong attention to detail and delivery focused
- Strong motivation with proactive approach to find options and solutions
- Experience of BP Upstream, and Group & Segment IT&S technologies and tools