Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Global Supplier Quality Director
Do you have the expertise and tenacity to challenge the status quo and shape the Global Supplier Quality Strategy for an innovative energy technology company?
Are you an effective communicator with the ability to work in true collaboration with cross functional teams to establish best-in-class supplier partnerships?
Join our Global Quality team:
The Oilfield Equipment (OFE) business of Baker Hughes is globally recognised as a world-class, subsea lifecycle equipment and services business. Leveraging game-changing technology, premium solutions and digital innovation for unmatched outcomes for our customers. Our team is responsible for the quality of products from suppliers. We monitor performance and collaborate with suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve issues and provide quality improvements and solutions that directly impact the bottom-line.
Play a pivotal role in our business:
As a Global Supplier Quality Director, you will be leading the Supplier Quality Engineering function at an enterprise level, providing effective leadership and direction to the global organisation. Working with executive leadership you will influence and shape continuous improvement strategies and encourage the adoption of innovative methodologies across our network of suppliers and internal operations to reshape the global footprint.
As a Global Director of Supplier Quality, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and challenging functional and business supplier quality processes to influence change and continuous improvements on a short and long-term basis across the Global OFE business
- Encouraging innovation toward the creation of robust problem-solving strategies and new methodologies to drive a pro-active and preventative quality culture
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams at multiple levels, navigating cultural and geographic nuances and coordinating an effective global process to deliver best in class products to our global supply chain
- Directing a team of diversely skilled Quality Managers and Engineers, influencing talent development and providing strategic coaching to ensure continued commitment, motivation and performance that align with both the objectives of the business and the development of the team
- Leading new product and process qualification, allocating resources to analyse performance, manufacturability and risk when onboarding new suppliers to ensure they are optimised and compliant
- Presenting at an Executive level to internal and external stakeholders the analytical narrative found in the data sourced from the global supply chain
- Establishing the budget, approach and frequency for supplier assessment and development, working in true partnership with suppliers to advise on corrective action when necessary, ensuring the communication and integration of lessons learned
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Batchelors Degree in an Engineering, Technical or Business related subject
- Demonstrate a substantial track record of working in a Quality Leadership role in a regulated industrial sector
- Have working knowledge of a range of quality tools and lean methodologies with an agile ability to recognise best fit in new environments
- Have a continuous improvement and preventative mindset, knowing how to influence stakeholders towards change
- Demonstrate experience of bringing positive change and transformation to a global business
- Be eager to make an impact, evolve the business and have the confidence to try new approaches
- Be self-motivated with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrate agility and adaptability to think around corners and adjust to constantly changing variables
- Have flexibility to travel globally up to 50%
- Be an experienced problem solver, with an analytical and methodical approach to solving complex quality issues in a fast-paced pressured global environment
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location up to 2 days per week
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day to suit customer, supplier and business requirements
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.