Skills: Laborer, Mechanical Technician, Welding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Freeport, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Boilermaker with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrate ability to hammer, flame-cut, file or grind irregular edges of structural parts.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with other employees in positioning drums and headers into supports and both the supports to frame.
- Demonstrate ability to align, connect and expand water tubes to drums and headers. Demonstrate ability to "bell" and "bead" or weld tube ends.
- Demonstrate ability to bolt or weld casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, tower manways, trays, chutes, and air heaters, fan stands, feeding tube, catwalks, ladders, hopper and safety hatches to frames.
- Demonstrate ability to install manholes, handholes, valves, gauges, and feedwater connections in drums and vessels.
- Demonstrate ability to repair boilers, tanks, and vessels in the field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections.
- Examine boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats to locate defects such as leaks, weak spots, and defective sections so that they can be repaired. Inspect assembled vessels and individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, and auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves and regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, and metalworking machinery.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.