Do you enjoy creating innovative solutions?Would you like to lead processes and team development?Join a team that innovates with technology
The Lead Engineer will form an integral part of the Materials and Processing Engineering department, working within the Subsea Production Systems product company. The Lead Engineer is required to take full ownership of all associated activities with the role outlined below, and in doing so secure best in class delivery. Partner with the best
As a Lead Engineer , you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support on topics associated with NDE, Welding, Metallurgy, and Fabrication processes within the MPE team and wider engineering community.
- Develop and update engineering guidelines, specifications and best practices within MDE, Welding, Metallurgy and Fabrication processes, and support in aligning such processes within the Global Subsea Production Systems and Services (SPS&S) MPE team
- Act as a Lead Engineer as appropriate on requisition assignments throughout the product lifecycle and execute all Materials & Process Engineering tasks with efficiency and integrity. Tasks include but are not limited to;
- Review and perform technical evaluations of contract requirements, design codes, manufacturing standards and specifications,
- Customer contact - writing technical clarifications/exceptions and attend meetings on materials selection and manufacturing,
- Definition of requirements - writing of technical reports and specifications,
- Provide materials selection and fabrication advice during design phase,
- Support to supply chain, attendance at audits and pre-production meetings,
- Review of vendors' special process procedures, such as e.g. NDE and welding procedure specifications, for use in the manufacturing of subsea equipment,
- Review and disposition of concessions and deviations.
- Potential to act as EPC/System project Materials Engineering lead where called upon.
- Ensure compliance initiatives are implemented and training requirements are met.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Materials Engineering or Welding from an accredited college or university with significant work experience within subsea materials engineering. Specific experience and/or certification in Non Destructive Examinations (NDE) techniques preferred.
- In depth understanding within NDE, Welding and metallurgy and fabrication processes such as forming, forging, heat treatment, etc.
- Familiar with relevant industry standards (NORSOK, ISO, ASME, API, ASTM, DNV etc.) as well as design and fabrication requirements for subsea products.
- Good English language skills (written and oral)
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to cooperate and interface effectively with all levels of a matrix environment
- Strong customer mind-set
- Flexible, proactive and results oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in teams
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Standard working schedule supporting the clients needs
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.