Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an I&E Technician in Pecos, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The Technician is responsible for maintaining equipment to keep it running smoothly; performing tests and calibrations, repair or replace components and troubleshoot equipment operational problems
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Installs, configures, tests, calibrates, operates, troubleshoots, maintains, and inspects electrical instrumentation as well as control system equipment.
- Monitors pressure, flow, temperature controls, process limited controllers, and gas analysis equipment.
- Uses and understands the principles of operation of all meters and instruments used in applicable I&E work.
- Works with drawings, sketches, specs, as-builts, and makes new for proposed installations and completed projects.
- Performs and documents preventive maintenance inspections on electrical and control equipment in gas processing and compressor station facilities.
- Performs calibration, troubleshoots and maintenance of sophisticated compliance analyzers, and has the capacity to make programming changes as well as additions
- Interprets schematics to troubleshoot problems and performs database maintenance administration.
- Installs and adjusts measuring and control devices, signal transmitters, meters, and signal pickups.
- Practices awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment; cooperates with emergency teams to anticipate and deal with any hazardous and/or unusual situations (oil spills, line leaks, and inclement weather, etc.)
- Utilizes Work Order database for maintenance activity.
- Reviews, approves, and fills equipment requisitions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Computer skills required
- Knowledgeable in operating and maintaining equipment within oil and gas facilities.
- Basic understanding of electrical concepts, test equipment, flow schematics, and electrical and piping/instrumentation drawings.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.