Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for an opportunity? Come join Wood as a Maintenance Operations Specialist in Odessa, TX. This role will be responsible for managing the overall maintenance operations associated with an oil and gas installation; supporting production, utilities, and safety systems. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Oversees testing and monitors of wells, pumps, storage facilities and other equipment.
- Manages and controls the daily activities of Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensures all maintenance work is carried out in a safe manner.
- Co-ordinates the planning and implementation of maintenance work ensuring adequate spares are maintained.
- Liaises with onshore maintenance support engineers regarding maintenance issues.
- Ensures the effective working of the Permit to Work system.
- Monitors equipment and systems to ensure that the required performance is maintained.
- Ensures the processes and equipment are functioning efficiently.
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management.
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times.
- Provides support as part of the installation emergency response team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Computer skills required
- Proven experience in maintenance
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations.
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management.
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.