Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood PLC is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to support our operations and P&O teams throughout the Projects - Renewable, Energy & Power Business Group. Our successful candidate will work closely with operational leadership, functional teams and the wider P&O team to support and deliver core HR services, strategic business partner advice and support the execution of the business plan. This role will support our field-based teams throughout the US as well as, leadership teams in Houston, TX and Tucker, GA.
Current flexibility in work location, however the preferences are Houston, TX and Tucker, GA to support a hybrid work model. The role will also report to the Senior P&O Manager - Trade & Craft and will be a member of our Professional Services Team.
The Senior Business Partner will have significant business partner experience and be responsible for a business area across multiple clients, services, or locations with the ability to work independently on most elements of the role.
The role provides guidance and coaching for effective people management, and it is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to support leaders across the entire employee life-cycle. This role partners with the business, in conjunction with the other P&O Functions, to plan, drive, and support large-scale change initiatives, organization design and effectiveness, change management, workforce planning, recognition strategies, and other strategic activities and processes; consult on short and long-term employee engagement strategies, and deliver employee engagement guidance and tools; drive the talent agenda and facilitate talent management, including consulting on talent needs and mix, retention strategies, and succession planning; facilitate performance management; and help manage risk mitigation through proactive and effective employee and industrial relations. This role is responsible for developing effective leadership and appropriate development of people and skills within their area of responsibility.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic P&O leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative P&O strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends, and identify and implement the appropriate solutions to assigned client groups.
- Identify and deliver solutions to support business leaders on decisions related to organization design, change management, talent and performance management, engagement, recruitment, and compensation.
- Works with business leaders to define and align the talent strategy, improving organizational performance, and developing capabilities that deliver business results.
- Closely partners with organizational leadership on a broad range of strategic P&O services, providing coaching and consultation that contributes to the client strategy and business goals.
- Collaborate with P&O functional partners to execute P&O strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
- Strategically assesses talent, compensation, engagement, performance, and change management needs, and aligns multiple P&O processes and programs to deliver holistic solutions to achieve desired results and impact the business.
- I ntegral member of the business partner team, supporting client groups and acting as a change agent in the business to maximize all aspects of people performance.
- Provides advice and support for organizational change, with an established reputation and track record as a trusted, effective, and collaborative partner.
- Maintains an effective level of business acumen to provide a consultative approach to delivery of HR services. Leverages P&O/business skills and knowledge to appropriately challenge or influence leadership in decision-making processes.
- Supports employee communication and engagement.
- Supports and participates in emergency response activities.
- Supports the creation of an organizational culture which fosters innovation and collaboration, continuous improvement, and change.
Skills / Qualifications
- 7+ years progressive Human Resources experience in strategic business partnering, engagement, employee relations, talent management, compensation, benefits, and performance management
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business, or related field; HR Certification preferred
- Strong HR Business Partner experience in a dynamic environment is required
- Proven experience consulting on large-scale change management
- Proven knowledge of HR industry practices, across multiple HR functions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results, with a focus on alignment to both business and HR strategy/priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with leaders and staff at all levels, and seen as a trusted coach and advisor
- Ability to influence and problem solve in the areas of change management, organization design and effectiveness, workforce planning, employee engagement, talent management, performance management, and employee relations
- Must be able to provide creative solutions and unique approaches to P&O/business challenges
- Must be an authentic thought partner with confidence and courage to stretch boundaries and appropriately challenge
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously, with strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to manage conflict and appropriately challenge organizational thinking
- Demonstrated ability of strong collaboration skills and as a strong contributing team member
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter who can work independently and drive results
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.