Skills: Business Development, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continuing success in international Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), Wood is seeking to recruit a talented, proactive and enthusiastic Associate Director to join the EIA team. The successful candidate will play a leading role in the team including supporting business development, staff management and managing cross sector ESIAs for Oil and Gas, Renewables and Energy Transition projects. This will include working alongside Wood's engineering teams delivering projects for high profile clients.
You will be part of a dynamic, enthusiastic and supportive EIA team and will experience a challenging, but fulfilling, working environment; part of a team of highly experienced and reputable EIA practitioners who will ensure your personal development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the UK focus point and building the pipeline of international ESIA work by developing existing contacts internally and externally and building new industry contacts
- Coordinating international ESIA work including tenders, developing opportunities, delivery of work and supporting other parts of Wood
- Acting as Project Manager for a portfolio of international projects, accountability for project deliverables, providing ESIA and wider strategic advice
- Leading, managing and growing a team of ESIA practitioners and supporting strategic leadership of the wider EIA team
- Promoting the Wood brand to the international Oil and Gas, Energy Transition and Renewables industry and supporting development of the 'One Wood' offer internally and externally
Why work for Wood?
Our unrivalled market position is built on our ability to deliver end to end solutions from site selection and consenting, through to design and delivery. We support our clients throughout the entire project life cycle and in doing so act as trusted partner. As a result, we have an extensive portfolio of projects and opportunities worldwide. This in turn means that we can offer exciting and varied career opportunities.
You'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll feel proud to be part of the team. You will be a part of a strong, global company shaping the future of the world's oil & gas, chemicals, renewables, environment & infrastructure, power & process, and mining markets.
Inclusion and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our aim is clear. To continue to create a great working environment where everyone can be themselves and achieve their full potential; we want our employees to feel comfortable to bring their whole self to work and ensure we all have a safe space to do this.
At Wood, we will take your professional development very seriously - we want you to fulfil your potential and make a significant contribution to the EIA team. You will have ongoing and structured career development, working with some of the best EIA practitioners in the UK.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study)
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body
- Experienced in delivering ESIAs for international projects in the Oil and Gas and Renewables sectors
- Experience in managing and delivering social and health aspects of ESIAs would be highly advantageous
- A technical leader in ESIA with experience of providing technical direction at a project level. The candidate will have excellent reporting and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team, seeking technical input from other disciplines to deliver carefully considered solutions to produce high quality work
- Well networked in the international ESIA Oil and Gas and Renewables sectors with a proven track record of winning work with a variety of clients
- An accomplished staff manager particularly leading multi-disciplinary teams as project manager
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry
- Experienced in commercial and business management including management and responses to strategic bids, monthly reporting, resourcing and recruitment
- Willingness to travel, including possible international travel
- Full driving licence
The role can be based in London, Glasgow or Reading, and for the right candidate the location of this role can be flexible with the option to mix home and office working subject to the requirements of the work.
Remuneration and benefits
- An industry competitive salary
- An attractive company pension contribution (up to 9% Employer's contribution)
- Flexible working - we offer flexible working options to align with your own circumstances
- Private Medical Cover
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life assurance up to 4 times your salary
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days leave with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days of holiday
- Paid professional annual membership
- Share scheme
- Mentor scheme
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.