Skills: Crane Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a Crane Operator with experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The position is to work offshore Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off.
• Establishes and maintains a safe work environment for all activities within his or her assigned unit.
• Meets expectations of Production Supervisor in the Facility Safety Management System. This includes:
- Behavior Based Job Observation program (LPO's), Job Safety Analysis (JSA's), Inspections, Safety Meetings, Hazard Identifications (HIDs), Near Misses, and Incident Reporting and investigation
- Supports Emergency Response Preparedness as required
- Knows how to use the available equipment
- Participates in simulations as determined on schedule
- Fulfills assigned role on emergency response teams
• Follows all procedures, standards, and regulations required during the execution of his or her crane duties
• Detects, identifies and reacts to abnormal conditions that might develop into emergency situations
• Identifies and troubleshoots operating problems of assigned unit
• Determines the problem; develops and implements corrective action
• Initiates restorative maintenance requests for the assigned unit
• Performs minor maintenance functions on operating equipment
• Maintains housekeeping standards for the Unit
• Communicates all required information regarding Unit performance to the Production Supervisor
• Maintains Unit Log Book: Makes clear concise entries
• Advanced knowledge of Preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance procedures for offshore cranes
• Ensures that all changes to unit are logged with appropriate explanation included
• Performs HLO duties
• Mentors national trainees and deck crew
• Controls Rigging Equipment loft and controls inventory.
Skills / Qualifications
Minimum Qualif ications:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Assessed as competent in the mandatory competencies for his or her assigned unit.
- Qualifications for Crane Operator, Rigging and HLO
- BOSIET Certificate
Industry Experience and knowledge:
- Qualified and current Crane Operator certificate
- Qualified and current Rigger certificate
- Qualified and current HLO certificate
- Experience as offshore Pedestal Crane Operator, With personnel transfer certificate.
- Operate cranes in the offshore environment to established standards, API-RP-2C & 2D or equivalent.
- Equipment mechanical isolation, Permit to Work, and LOTO process
- Fluent with offshore crane hand signaling and banksman duties
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, equipment and tools
- Ability to design and document lifting plans for complex rigging and critical lifts.
- Area regulations and others applicable to the operations of offshore oil and gas facilities.
- Maintenance systems, related manuals, and procedures.
- Valid Rigging & Lifting certification in accordance with API RP 2D or equivalent
- Perform pre-job planning, hazard assessment (PTW, JSA)
- Comprehensive computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to read, understand and follow schematics, technical manuals and procedures.
- Perform routine repairs, inspections, troubleshooting and maintenance activities on pedestal mounted offshore cranes according to manufacturer's recommendations and company requirements, including wire rope replacement and pull testing.
- The safety, administrative, and technical training requirements associated with this position as documented in the company operations-approved training roadmap.
- General competencies and Operations Integrity Critical competency requirements as documented and maintained in company Operations Training roadmap.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment for all activities within his or her assigned unit, consistent with Company Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Competent in communicating in English language, verbal and written
- Meets expectations of Company facility Safety Management System.
- Job observation program, job risk analysis, inspections, safety meetings, hazard identifications, near misses, and incident reporting and investigation
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and personal hygiene
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.